We get asked this question all the time "I don't know if I should buy an infrared sauna or traditional sauna"? Here is a few questions I tell people to ask themselves when deciding which one to buy.
1. How hot do I like my sauna? - if you are one that loves a lot of heat and possibly humidity a traditional sauna will reach a temperature of 180 degrees Fahrenheit. You can add water to the rocks for increased humidity or use it dry. If you don't like a lot of heat then an infrared sauna may be best for you it will reach 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. How much time do I want/have to spend in the sauna? - if you are looking for the health benefits of a sauna and don't have a lot of time in your day to spend in a sauna then a infrared may be what you need. You will get all the benefits of sauna bathing in 30 minutes in an infrared sauna. A traditional sauna will take 45 - 60 minutes.
3. Do I want to lay down in the sauna? - If you are someone who likes to lay down in the sauna then you may want a traditional sauna, as it is not recommended that you lay down in an infrared sauna.
4. How many people do I want to have in my sauna? - if you want to be the only one using it or may be with one other person, then an infrared may be what you need. If you want to have more people in the sauna then may be go with a traditional then everyone is experiencing the same amount of heat. With infrared the heat is directed at each persons body than heating the entire room like a traditional sauna.
5. Do I have access to 240V? - If you don't have access to bring 240V to your sauna then you may want to buy an infrared sauna as many infrared saunas run on 110V and can be plugged into a 15 or 20 amp outlet.
6. Am I buying the sauna to aid in pain management? - if yes then an infrared sauna may be the best for you, as you can have direct heat penetrating that area of your body.
7. Do I need it to be portable? - if you need to be able to move your sauna with ease then you may want an infrared sauna. There are traditional modular saunas, some call pre-fab or pre-built saunas that are completely movable, you will require a licensed electrician to unhook your unit to move. Infrared saunas are perfect for people renting condos or apartments.
8. Does electricity costs matter to me? - if the answer is "yes" you will want to consider and infrared sauna. Infrared uses less electricity than the Traditional therefore saving you money. The traditional sauna will cost no more than the cost to run a hot tub.
9. I can't decide, I would really like both - then you can have both, with our Dual Sauna. This sauna combines all the benefits of Infrared along with the Traditional sauna that people have come to know and love for over 2 thousand years.
Whether you decide to go with a Traditional sauna or an Infrared sauna you can't go wrong when you ask yourself what do I need my sauna to do for me. Both our traditional and infrared saunas are made here in Canada with quality cedar from British Columbia. Whether your sauna is infrared with ceramic emitters or traditional rock sauna heater both are made in Canada. A lot of care is put into each sauna to make sure you are getting the best possible sauna for you.